Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12, 2009

In my quest to make my website completely DIY, I have tried two new things this week.

First, I made my first Flash animation. I had played around with Flash a few months ago and worked through some tutorials, but this was the first animation I have completed. I used it to tell a story in my "Commas in Items in a Series" lesson ( I was really happy with the result, even if it is a little rough.

Secondly, I am going to try and write an iPhone app. I have always thought that students would like to watch my content on their mobile devices, and an iPhone app is much cooler than just a mobile wing to my website, which I will do sometime as well. I bought a couple of books and found a few video tutorial websites. My goal is to watch a video and work through a chapter each day, kind of like going to a class.

Lastly, I emailed a few more teachers today, letting them know about the site and asking if they would like to join. No replies yet, but we will see tomorrow.

No comments: